The Alumni Council was a body of 15 members appointed by the Alumni Associations of the various schools, serving as a sort of executive council of alumni. In 1912 it consisted of College, Law, Medicine, Applied Science, and Philosophy school association reps. It was founded in 1895 and in the early days published a weekly called "Columbia Alumni News." At one point it was housed in East Hall. It was ultimately succeeded by the Columbia University Alumni Federation.