Brian Wu SEAS '15 is from Pleasanton, California and is a Computer Science major. Brian joined the Engineering Student Council his sophomore year when he was elected as the Preprofessional and Alumni Affairs Representative. In his junior year, he ran with the Executive Board party PSet 150 and was elected as the Vice President of Finance. Brian is currently the SEAS Student Body President elect.
Brian's work on the Finance Committee include the following initiatives:
- Engineering Group Travel Fund
- Brian worked with the Engineering Dean Mary Boyce's Office to create $3,000 travel grants to regional and national conferences for SWE, SHPE, and EWB.
- Joint Council Co-sponsorship Committee (Fall Session)
- He co-chaired the JCCC committee to allocate over $12,000 to student groups in need of emergency or new programming funds.
- Capital Investment Fund (Fall Session)
- Brian worked with all four councils to allocate over $10,000 to student groups in order to make necessary capital investment purchases.
- Engineering Project Grants
- The finance committee created grants awarding up to $1,000 to student teams for building innovative and complex engineering projects of their choice.
- Student Group Awards
- Brian is working with Student Engagement and various other student government leaders to create a new award system for student groups.
- Finance @ Columbia University
- Brian is working with the four councils and six governing boards to determine the financial allocations for the upcoming academic year.
- Joint Council Co-sponsorship Committee (Spring Session)
- He is working with the four council treasurers to allocate remaining JCCC funds.
- Capital Investment Fund (Spring Session)
- Brian is working with the four councils to allocate the spring Capital Investment funds ($10,000).
|ESC Student Body President
| Succeeded by|
|ESC Vice President of Finance
| Succeeded by|