Center for Career Education
The Center for Career Education helps undergraduate and graduate students get jobs. Great for people interested in careers in investment banking and finance, but not for much else. It's located in the lower level of East Campus, and also houses Columbia Student Enterprises.
Some CCE-related problems that could be fixed are as follows:
- Lionshare and the Alumni Career Connections site are independent databases
- Alumni Career Connections takes week for current students to get access to it
CCE serves the following schools: (with populations according to opir)
- Columbia College (4,376)
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (3,088)
- School of Continuing Education (2,044)
- General Studies (1,856)
- SEAS (1,433)
- School of the Arts (873)
- Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation (768)
Graduate Student Surveys
CCE publishes an annual report with employment data compiled from graduating seniors. The survey data contains the most popular industries, job functions, and top employers.
Unfortunately, you have not been selected for an interview with the following organization. However, keep in mind that on-campus interviewing is a competitive process, so do not become discouraged! It is also only one job search resource that is available to you. Please be aware of additional resources below.
Other schools have their own offices:
- Barnard College Career Development
- Columbia Business School Office of MBA Career Services
- Graduate School of Journalism Career Services
- Columbia Law School Career Services
- Mailman School of Public Health Career Services
- School of Social Work Office of Career and Leadership Development.
- School of International and Public Affairs Career Services
- Teachers College Career Services