Jewish Theological Library

From WikiCU
Jump to: navigation, search

The Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary holds 400,000 volumes, which makes it the largest and most extensive collection of Hebraic and Judaic material in the Western Hemisphere. The library holds items beginning from the 10th century.

The library employs a staff of thirty.

History

The library was founded in 1863.

In 1966, there was a massive fire in the upper floors of the library's tower, where most of the books were stored. 70,000 volumes were destroyed.

Columbia University Libraries
Avery (Architecture & Fine Arts)Business & EconomicsButlerEngineeringGeologyGeoscienceHealth SciencesJournalismLaw SchoolLehman Social SciencesMathematics LibraryMusic & ArtsScience & EngineeringSocial WorkStarr East Asian
Affiliated Libraries
Barnard CollegeBurke (UTS)Jewish TheologicalTeachers College
Special Collections and Programs

Digital Humanities Center (formerly Electronic Text Service) • Digital Social Science CenterOral History Research OfficeRare Book & ManuscriptUniversity Archives

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox