Philip Binioris has run the Hungarian Pastry Shop since 2011. (He used to work at P&W, too, before that closed.) He's the son of owners Panagiotis and Wendy, has worked at the coffeeshop since he was 13, and he plans to keep the place in the family.
Binioris is passionate about keeping the coffeeshop “a place where you know that you are not going to be hassled, you can just feel comfortable and retreat in whatever you are doing".
He's sometimes spotted swinging on The Rings.
- Binioris talked to Spec about the Hungarian's 50th anniversary
- Binioris talks to Spec about health violations
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=QR2JhQfPdvUC&pg=PA91&lpg=PA91&dq=philip+binioris&source=bl&ots=HZjxkNWmN-&sig=9vveELbdKbPecSIZ4ImWjJ8fTiQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Sk7XUaP7E8Li0QH22IGgBA&ved=0CCwQ6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=philip%20binioris&f=false
- ↑ http://www.columbiaspectator.com/2011/04/11/hungarian-pastry-shop-ready-celebrate-50th-anniversary
- ↑ http://www.themorningsidepost.com/2011/11/01/still-a-neighborhood-favorite-still-free-refills/