Rives Memorial Steps

From WikiCU
Jump to: navigation, search

The Rives Memorial Steps are the granite steps leading from the College Walk to South Field and the balustrade separating the two at intervals. These include the steps immediately next to Journalism Hall, next to Hamilton Hall, and flanking the Sundial. A heavily oxidized plaque on one end of the central steps bears a bas relief portrait of Mr. Rives, while one on the opposite side informs anyone who bothers to take note of it that these steps were donated by Mrs. Sara Whiting Rives in memory of her husband, the one-time Chairman of the Trustees George Lockhart Rives CC 1868 Law 1873.

External links

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
Toolbox