Sreenath "Sree" Sreenivasan J '93 was Columbia's first Chief Digital Officer, before he unexpectedly quit to be the Met Museum's first Chief Digital Officer. Sree annouced the move on his Facebook page, calling working for the Met "my next adventure," though adding that he was "sad" to leave Columbia. After all, "Both are such classy institutions".
He joined the Journalism faculty in 1993 after completing his M.S. He is known for his knowledge and teaching of buzzword-y stuff like social and digital media. His Twitter feed contains a lot of listicles.
- ↑ Nobody looks this engaged while operating a smart phone.
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2012/07/13/columbia-gets-a-chief-digital-officer/
- ↑ http://spectrum.columbiaspectator.com/news/report-sreenivasan-after-11-months-chief-digital-officer-leave-columbia
- ↑ http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/media/2013/06/8531087/sree-sreenivasan-leave-chief-digital-officer-post-columbia-university-?--bucket-headline
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100790984193132&l=8f782c16df
- ↑ https://twitter.com/sree