The Current is a journal of politics, culture and Jewish affairs. Founded by Bari Weiss and first printed in December 2005, The Current publishes essays on a broad range of subjects, with letters to the editor, an editorial, and book reviews appearing in each issue.
The Current's Spring 2007 issue was the first-ever Columbia publication to be printed in a 'green'--environmentally friendly--manner. The Current's paper is 100% Forest Stewardship Council certified, and 50% of it comes from recycled sources, of which 25% is post-consumer waste. Additionally, no chlorine or acids were used to bleach the paper or publish the journal.
The Current has conducted interviews with Mohammad Yunus, Stanley Fish, Myron Kolatch and others. Its editorials have addressed issues such as university speech codes, controversial campus speakers, corporate divestment, humanitarian activism, the Saffron Revolution in Burma, and the history of the Student Struggle for Soviet Jewry.
Each issue, The Current publishes an editorial, multiple essays and reviews, and two special sections: "Boroughing," and "The End of the World." As described in the Spring 2007 issue, "Boroughing" was "created as a counterpart to the End of the World section, which has provided lighter fare since Issue One. Boroughing presents exciting snapshots of only-in-New-York moments from around the city and here on campus." 
Cover of The Current, Spring 2007
Cover of The Current, Winter 2007
Cover of The Current, Fall 2006
Cover of The Current, Summer 2006
Cover of The Current, Spring2006
Cover of The Current, December 2005
- ↑ http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_spine/archive/2007/11/14/nadia-abdul-al-haj-columbia-university-and-arab-doctrine-the-jewish-commonwealth-never-existed.aspx
- ↑ http://phibetacons.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MTUxMTIwNDIyMjFlYjE1MDM4ZjcwYzUxOTZhMDQ4ZTY=
- ↑ http://instapundit.com/archives2/015237.php
- ↑ http://www.volokh.com/archives/archive_2008_02_10-2008_02_16.shtml#1202797227
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/fall2007/the-current-in-conversation.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/winter2007/stanley-fish.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/spring2007/current-qa.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/summer2006/speechcodes.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/fall2006/edification-not-provocation.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/winter2007/from-the-editors.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/spring2007/from-the-editors.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/fall2007/standing-with-the-saffron-revolution.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/spring2008/from-the-editors.html
- ↑ http://www.columbia.edu/cu/current/articles/spring2007/to-our-readers.html