|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Alexandra Svokos''' [[Columbia College|CC]]
'''Alexandra Svokos''' [[Columbia College|CC]] [[2014|14]] was [[Bwog]] , [] editor-in-chief []. She is also the namesake of [http://printatsvokos.com Print@Svokos], a parody of [[Print@CU]].
Revision as of 03:58, 6 June 2014
While editor, she banned coverage of the Columbia football team from Bwog following the 2013 football bigotry scandal and aggressively covered the USenate's attempt to hold an indirect election. Bwog's coverage compelled them to open the election up to all interested candidates, but—as in all student government elections—very little of the student body bothered to vote.
Other major stories and scandals that Bwog covered during her editorship included Froscanity, the Major English Texts II cheating scandal and Lit Hum exam leak (2013), the demise of the fraternities ZBT and Sigma Alpha Epsilon, the GREEK BΣΔΤS scandal, and CUDems opposition to Columbia's sexual assault policy.
As editor of Bwog, Svokos occasionally voiced her personal opinion on major campus issues—including a proposed P/D/F policy for freshmen, attempts to build "community," and student wellness. After her term as editor was complete, she began writing an opinion column called 'Svocalizing' for the Columbia Daily Spectator.
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/01/04/semester-in-review-2/
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/10/29/bwog-says-goodbye-to-cu-football/
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/09/26/usenate-elections-timing-is-everything/
- ↑ https://bwog.com/2013/09/29/usenate-seat-to-be-filled-by-direct-election/
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/11/20/zbt-inactive-following-brothers-resignation/
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/12/13/saes-side-of-the-story/
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/10/15/cu-dems-talk-columbias-sexual-assault-policy/
- ↑ https://bwog.com/2013/05/01/pdf-policy-bwog-staff-opines/
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/04/10/wtf-columbia-building-community/
- ↑ http://bwog.com/2013/11/23/on-wellness/
| Succeeded by|
Sarah Faith Thompson