Norman Finkelstein speech
In March of 2006, a coalition of student groups sponsored a speech by controversial academic Norman Finkelstein. As anything relating to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict at Columbia will, this resulted in lots of protests, controversy, and spilled ink. There were protests outside Lerner Hall, protesters in the auditorium, and ridiculous amounts of security.
Sponsoring student groups included Safa'a, Turath, Qanun, United Students of Color Council, Arab Students Association (SIPA), Organization of Pakistani Students, International Socialists Organization, Columbia Student Solidarity Network, and Students Promoting Empowerment and Knowledge.
- Hate Comes to Columbia by Chris Kulawik and Josh Lipsky
- In Defense of Professor Finkelstein by Maryum Saifee and Athar Abdul-Quader
- Debasing the Debate by Andrew Tucker Avorn
- Finkelstein to Address Columbia
- Finkelstein Rethinks Israel-Palestine
- Norman Finkelstein Speaks by Nell Geiser
- Dershowitz Speaks on Israel
- Polarizing Discussion by Adil Ahmed