Ruggles is a residence hall that mostly houses sophomores and juniors in suites. Ruggles was originally the Arizona hotel. In 1964, the university purchased it and converted it into a graduate residence.
Ruggles suites 708-714 and 808-814 were renovated during the summer of 2006. Housing Services is considering renovating further suites this summer.
Most 4-person suites go to juniors or occasionally seniors. Most 7-person suites go to crafty sophomores (who are willing to take two doubles to get three singles) and mixed-class groups.
Floors 7 & 8: recently renovated and kitchens have dishwashers.
- 16 4-person suites
- 1 1st floor 5-person suite
- 2 1st floor 6-person suites
- 12 8-person suites with 2 singles and 3 doubles
- 2 8-person suites with 4 singles and 2 doubles
- Exposed pipes.
- Poor lighting.
- Rodent infestation.
- Poor temperature regulation.
- Small bathroom in 8 person suites is very small (25 sq. ft).
- Insufficient laundry equipment (4 washers and 4 dryers when all are operational.)
- Elevator tends to smell of garbage due to policy of suite trash disposal in basement.
- No stair access to basement.
- Inadequate common area (no chairs; flat screen with no remote).
Note: These images are from renovated suites only.