How to apply to be a Resident Adviser
Resident Adviser Job Requirements
- Current full-time first-year, sophomore, or Junior CC or SEAS students.
- Have guaranteed housing.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and be in good academic and behavioral standing.
- Creative and energetic students who are strong team players and good listeners.
- Attend a mandatory RA information session. These typically take place in mid-November and outline the RA job description and requirements.
- Submit an application. Past applications have included general information and three short-response essays.
- Attend the RA fair. The fair allows job candidates to ask questions of current residential life staff and learn about the different RA areas (The Block, Southfield, the LLC, East Campus, and West Campus).
- Columbia Resident Adviser Website: http://www.studentaffairs.columbia.edu/RA