How to configure Apple Mail for LionMail
Lionmail is Columbia's email, contacts, and calendaring system, powered by Google. Configuring your Apple Mail for LionMail can be a bit complicated.
- Create your LionMail device password by clicking here. You must create a device password to use LionMail with Apple Mail. This device password will be different from your UNI password. The same device password must be used on all your devices and software clients.
- Enable IMAP in LionMail. In order to do so, you must sign into LionMail. Then, click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Mail Settings at the top of any Lionmail page. Next, click forwarding and POP/IMAP, select IMAP, and click Save Changes when you're done.
- Configure LionMail in AppleMail. After creating your Lionmail Device Password, open Apple Mail. NOTE: In order to use LionMail on AppleMail, you must first remove your current CubMail account (if it is configured for Apple Mail). Follow these steps and you'll be on your way:
- Select Add Account from the File Menu in Apple Mail.
- Fill out the account details:
- Name: enter your full name.
- Email Address: enter your firstname.lastname@example.org address
- Password: enter your device password
- Click Continue.
- Account Type: select IMAP
- Description field: enter LionMail
- Incoming Mail Server: enter imap.google.com
- Password field: enter your device password
- Click Continue.
- Description field: enter Gmail
- Outgoing Mail Server field: enter smtp.gmail.com
- Check "Use Authentication".
- Password field: enter your device password.
- Click continue.
- Check the Take account online box and click Create.
- You're done!
If you need to change Mailbox Behaviors or configure your Apple Mail to Use LDAP (The Columbia Directory), click here for further instruction.