How to make an academic advising appointment
The Columbia Center for Student Advising (CSA) is located on the fourth floor of Lerner Hall in Lerner 403. CSA serves all students in Columbia College and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science. CSA brings together, under one roof, general academic advising, Academic Success Programs, the Columbia Undergraduate Scholars Program (CUSP), and the Office of Preprofessional Advising. Students are assigned a CSA adviser, who works with them throughout their time at Columbia.
If students are having an issue with their adviser or feel like they're not getting the most of their advising experience, CSA is very open to students changing advisers. Just send an email to Dean Monique Rinere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to the Student Affairs Insight Portal here.
- Once logged in, the right sidebar has a tab called Shortcuts. Underneath, there will be a link to Request an Advising Appointment.
- With the calendar function, select a type of appointment.
- Select your counselor or academic adviser.
- Choose the length of your appointment. Appointments can last from 15 to 60 minutes.
- Then select a date and time range.
- Select "Update Results" and look at the right side of the page for available appointments.
- Choose an appointment slot and confirm.