How to switch rooms
Revision as of 03:42, 4 February 2013 by Pbailinson (Created page with "==Over the summer== If you are a first-year student unhappy with their rooming assignment or an upperclassmen hoping to swap into a different room, you can request a room tran...")
Over the summer
If you are a first-year student unhappy with their rooming assignment or an upperclassmen hoping to swap into a different room, you can request a room transfer.
- Go to your Columbia Housing Portal: housingportal.columbia.edu
- Go to the "Applications" tab and click on the application for the upcoming school year.
- Click on the menu option for "Summer Transfer of Fall Assignment."
- Fill out the form and submit to housing.
- Hope that another room opens up. Note: Housing prioritizes transfer requests first by lottery number (worst number to best number) and then by class year (senior to first-year).
Students can also do a "room swap" over the summer.
- The two students must be in the same class and of the same gender.
- Each student must fill-out a "room swap" application: http://housingservices.columbia.edu/files/housingservices/forms/room-swap-form.pdf
- The application must be signed by your RA and AD.
- The students must bring the applications to the Housing Department, where they will be transfer.
- After signing a new occupancy agreement, the room swap will be complete!
How to switch rooms due to a roommate disagreement