Welcome to WikiCU! This page has information on how to get started editing pages, including some style guidelines and good sources for getting started.
- User accounts should be created to edit pages. Take credit (and responsibility) for your edits!
- Read our tutorial for a basic overview
- Discover some helpful editing tips
- Check out the editors bulletin board
- Play around with your editing skills in our sandbox!
- Remember, WikiCU is not Wikipedia!
More advanced research & editing
- Review our research guide and resources for new authors
- Learn how to cite sources
- Learn how to cite alumni degrees and class years
- Check out these books about Columbia
- Consult our guidelines on neutrality and notability, as well as our deletion policy
- Learn how to insert videos
- Refer to our list of templates
Contribute new content
Please help grow WikiCU...
- Create a new article, after searching for whether it exists already
- Review the list of articles to create, and also:
- Expand short pages where appropriate
- Expand stubs where possible (and don't forget to remove the stub tag afterwards!)
- Help with articles under construction
- Help with articles to be cleaned up
- Organise another wikithon!
Help with administration
Please feel free to help out with the following administrative tasks if you have spare time:
- Review the list of recent changes, looking out for spam, egregious deletions, etc.
- Fix any broken redirects
- Fix any double redirects
- Categorise any uncategorized categories (apart from "Main topic classifications")
- Categorise any uncategorized pages (apart from "Index.php" and "Main Page")
- Create any wanted categories (after checking whether appropriate categories already exist)
- On any pages linking to disambiguation pages, clarify the links to refer to the appropriate topic instead
- Confirm account requests (admins only)
- Contribute to any open discussions regarding candidates for deletion (referring to deletion policy if needed)
- Add any unwatched pages of interest to your watchlist
- Update the statistics at our WikiNode