How to switch rooms

From WikiCU
Jump to: navigation, search

Over the summer

If you are a first-year student unhappy with their rooming assignment or an upperclassmen hoping to swap into a different room, you can request a room transfer.

  1. Go to your Columbia Housing Portal:
  2. Go to the "Applications" tab and click on the application for the upcoming school year.
  3. Click on the menu option for "Summer Transfer of Fall Assignment."
  4. Fill out the form and submit to housing.
  5. Hope that another room opens up. Note: Housing prioritizes transfer requests first by lottery number (worst number to best number) and then by class year (senior to first-year).

Students can also do a "room swap" over the summer.

  1. The two students must be in the same class and of the same gender.
  2. Each student must fill-out a "room swap" application:
  3. The application must be signed by your RA and AD.
  4. The students must bring the applications to the Housing Department, where they will be transfer.
  5. After signing a new occupancy agreement, the room swap will be complete!

How to switch rooms due to a roommate disagreement

External Links: