- For the student magazine see AdHoc
The Allied Destructive Hackers Of Columbia (ADHOC) were a group of students that would go into the tunnels and in general wreak minor havoc by breaking things and messing with or stealing equipment. Ken Hechtman was their leader and most famous member. Their tags are still seen throughout the tunnels.
ADHOC was a short-lived group, which existed for only a few months in 1986 while Ken Hechtman was at Columbia. The things they are known to have done include:
- Blacking out buildings
- Stealing equipment, papers, and chemicals
- Breaking equipment and bathroom stalls
- Tagging nearly everywhere in the tunnels
- Summiting the Low Library dome undetected in 1986, which is still easily accessible.
Following Hechtman's effective expulsion for the theft and possession of uranium, he quickly became a campus pariah, and many of his friends from the group deserted him. A group called "Students against ADHOC" added to the atmosphere of opprobium and scorn surrounding ADHOC's members. Their last known act was a composition of a blues song about the ordeal of the uranium theft for WKCR.