Brander Matthews Hall
Brander Matthews Hall was built in 1940 at 117th St and Amsterdam Avenue to a design by Eggers and Higgens, and named for famed drama scholar Brander Matthews. It housed the famous Columbia Opera Workshop, a theater with just under 300 seats, and a bust of Matthews in the entrance. The building was razed only 18 years later, in 1958, to make way for Jerome Greene Hall. The bust now sits in Dean Austin Quigley's office.