New York Sun
- See also Wikipedia's article about "New York Sun".
The New York Sun was a local newspaper. Originally one of New York's chief newspapers, it fell out of circulation for much of the 20th century. It was re-founded in the early 2000s with a local focus, a vaguely conservative bias, and a taste for anti-Columbia bile (much of it authored by one Annie Karni. This edition folded in 2008 due to severely declining revenues.
Examples of anti-Columbia bias
- Saudis Funded Columbia Program At Institute That Trained Teachers -- March 10, 2005
- Merit at Columbia -- October 12, 2006
- Faculty Action Committee Statement of Concern -- November 12, 2007
- Columbia Capitulates to Hunger Strikers -- November 16 2007 by Annie Karni
- Faculty Group: Bollinger Has Sullied University by Annie Karni
- Columbia Professor Calls Bollinger White Supremacist by Annie Karni
- Film Claims Censorship at Columbia by Annie Karni
- Backlash Against Bollinger Hits Columbia by Annie Karni
- Report - Columbia Professors to Apologize to Ahmadinejad -- January 9, 2008
- New Columbia Israel Director Denounced 'Occupation' -- February 28, 2008
- Columbia Student's Death Raises Questions -- April 8, 2008 (in this particularly repugnant example, the tragic death of Minghui Yu is exploited to cast doubt on the Manhattanville expansion)
- The Taming of Columbia -- April 21, 2008 by Christopher Lanzillotti