Operation Ivy League
Operation Ivy League was the name of an NYPD operation resulting in an early morning raid on Frat Row on December 7, 2010. It netted eleven arrests, five of which were Columbia students (now occasionally known as the Columbia Five) who were part of an alleged drug ring operating out of Columbia fraternities.
The five Columbians charged are:
* Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance (CSCS) 5th – 2 cts. * Criminal Sale of Marijuana 1st – 1 ct. * Criminal Sale of Marijuana 3rd – 4 cts. * Criminal Sale of Marijuana 4th – 1 ct. * Criminal Nuisance 2nd – 1 ct.
* CSCS 2nd – 1 ct * CSCS 3rd – 1 ct * Criminal Sale of Marijuana 3rd – 6 cts. * Criminal Sale of Marijuana 4th – 2 cts. * Criminal Nuisance 1st – 1 ct. * Criminal Nuisance 2nd – 1 ct.
* CSCS 5th – 2 cts. * Criminal Nuisance 2nd – 1 ct.
|Jose Stephan Perez (aka Stephen Vincenzo)||
* CSCS 5th – 4 cts. * Criminal Sale of Marijuana 3rd – 1 ct. * Criminal Nuisance 2nd – 1 ct.
* CSCS 5th – 6 cts. * Criminal Nuisance 2nd – 1 ct.
- NYPD undercover operations on campus begin.
- 6-7 AM: Police enter the Intercultural House, the Alpha Epsilon Pi house, the Psi Upsilon house, the Pi Kappa Alpha house, and East Campus with arrest warrants, arrest students.
- 1 PM: Posters for a Theta/Pike event around campus are taken down
- ~5 PM: All five students plead not guilty at Manhattan Criminal Court
- Evening: Wymbs' parents post bail
- Trial date of 18 January 2011 announced
- Klein's parents post bail; Klein and Wymbs are discharged
- ~10 PM: The three fraternities involved are placed on interim suspension
- Coles and Perez/Vincenzo are discharged on bail