How to configure an iPhone/iPad for LionMail
LionMail is Columbia's email, contacts, and calendaring system, powered by Google. Configuring an iPhone or iPod for LionMail can be a bit complicated. Some of these steps may differ from what you experience due to variations between iPhone/iPad devices and software versions.
- Create a device password by clicking here. You must create a device password to use LionMail with your mobile device. This device password will be different from your UNI password. The same device password must be used on all your devices and software clients.
- Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange - select this method versus selecting Gmail.
- Fill out the account details:
- Email: enter your email@example.com
- Domain: leave this field blank
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your device password
- Description: LionMail
- Click Next.
- You may receive an error message “Can not verify server Identity.” Click Continue.
- Now you can add the Server information. In this field, enter m.google.com.
- Click Next.
- Select the data that you would like to sync with your device.
- Click Next or Save if you made changes to the data you would like to sync.
Do you need to access multiple calendars or to send-as a different email address than email@example.com? If so, please read additional setup instructions.