In 2012, the world will end. Er, ended. Believe it.
- February 17: John Coatsworth appointed provost
- March 1: CUCR president and finance director step down due to events of Ahmadinegate
- March 3: Barnard announces Barack Obama CC'83 will speak at Barnard commencement, causing all sorts of problems.
- April 23: GS Class Day is moved back one day to Sunday, May 13 to accommodate for Obama's arrival on campus the following day, causing a flurry of uproar from GS students.
- July 3: Feniosky Peña-Mora resigns as Dean of SEAS.
- July 30: Columbia and New York City announce the creation of the Institute for Data Sciences and Engineering with a $15M grant from the City.
- August 1: Admissions and Financial Aid are spun out from Student Affairs into an independent unit, headed by Dean Jessica Marinaccio.
- Expected completion date of the Campbell Sports Center
- Alumni Robert Lefkowitz and Alvin E. Roth receive Nobel Prizes in chemistry and economics, respectively.
- September 7: Spec editor accused of plagiarism in 2012 Spectator plagiarism incident
- October 24: Most money given on a single day in Columbia history, on Giving Day
- November 8: Nick Dirks announces he is stepping down as EVP for Arts & Sciences
|History of Columbia University
| Succeeded by|