Columbia College Information Technology
|Columbia College Information Technology|
|Location||115 Hamilton Hall|
Columbia College Information Technology (or CCIT) is a department that performs Web development and computer support to large departments in the University (mainly those that are closely tied to the undergraduate experience). Contrary to their name, they are no more closely connected with Columbia College than they are with SEAS. Their office has a live jukebox playing music for the entire office throughout the day.
Schools / Departments supported
CCIT designed and maintains the websites for the following offices, as well as providing them with desktop support.
- Columbia College
- Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Center for Career Education
- Undergraduate Student Affairs
- Undergraduate Admissions
It does not, however, provide desktop support to students, much to the disappointment of many who stumble into the office, confusing it with CUIT.
CCIT developed and maintains the following Web applications
- LionLink - sort of like a late arrival to the facebook game, useful for finding pictures of the 2-3 people that aren't on facebook
- Sundial - (formerly Calendar3) a University wide event scheduling system that supports e-commerce (for events with ticket prices)
- Wildfire - internally developed Content Managment System for University announcements
- Unify - a tool for the advising departments to edit course bulletins.
- Advising Resources - old school Web system for undergraduate advising information that looked like it might have been useful if it was better integrated with the FYSAAC or JSAAC websites.
- CC / SEAS E-Community - Alumni networking sites with discussion boards, pictures, etc.
CCIT provides pretty cushy jobs for a few students a year. The hours are flexible and the pay is high ($14/hr during school year, $19/hr over the summer), though it hasn't increased in 5 years. Internships are available in desktop support, Web publishing, and Web programming, with more information available on the application website.