1988 in Columbia history:
- Construction of Schapiro Hall allows all undergraduates to live on campus at once for the first time
- After renovations, the McMillin Academic Theater reopens as the Miller Theatre
- The Society of Senior Scholars is founded
- The ROLM Phone replaces Centrex
- The De Bary Report is issued, indirectly leading to the Major Cultures requirement
- October 8: Columbia football ends its 44-game losing streak by beating Princeton 16-13. Mass chaos ensues, with Dean Jack Greenberg allegedly feeding beer to undergraduates from a keg.
|History of Columbia University