How to reserve space in Earl Hall
Unlike Lerner Hall and other areas on campus controlled by UEM (University Event Management), Earl Hall is operated by the University Chaplain’s office. Earl Hall has three spaces that can be reserved: the Dodge Room, the Schiff Room, and the Auditorium.
1. Determine if Earl Hall is the right space for you.
- Earl Hall is not a space for parties or other activities involving dancing or music that may interfere with other events in the building.
- Earl Hall is not a rehearsal space.
- Earl Hall is not a space for filming or photo shoots, with the exception of weddings, memorial services, or christenings. Taking photographs and filming in the Chapel may prevent other from praying, meditating or reflecting.
- No balloons or pets are permitted in Earl Hall.
Note that Earl charges for security, maintenance, staffing, and AV/tech costs, and they sometimes charge for use of the space itself depending on the type of event. They prioritize Earl Hall Affiliates (Office of the University Chaplain, United Campus Ministries, and Community Impact) first, student groups and University Affiliates second, and outside groups and individuals third.
2. To put in a space request, use the Earl Hall Space Request form available here: . You may also print out this form and bring the hard-copy to the Administrative Office in 110 St. Paul's Chapel or 203 Earl Hall. You can also fax the form to (212) 854-6577.