Wilde Observatory

From WikiCU
Jump to: navigation, search
Wilde Observatory, with Teachers College in the background

The Wilde Astronomical Observatory was a tiny ground level observatory built for the Astronomy Department in 1906-1907[1] on the northwest corner of the Grove, standing where the Northwest Science Building is being built. It would be demolished sometime after Pupin Physics Laboratories was built, as its function was replaced by the Rutherfurd Observatory on the roof of Pupin.


  1. The Annual Report of the President and Treasurer to the Trustees for the year ending June 30, 1907 makes note of the "recently installed and equipped" observatory on page 80