2011 in Columbia history:
- 18 January: Trial date for students arrested in the Operation Ivy League drug bust
- February: Mike Purdy is named new EVP for research
- March: Columbia Campaign surpasses $4bn fundraising initiative, announces new goal of $5bn.
- 26 May: PrezBo signed an agreement with the Secretary of the NAVY about the USS Iwo Jima to recognize the Naval ROTC and give it some resources on-campus.
- June 23: Claude Steele announces resignation to return to Stanford University.
- August 21: Columbia College Dean Michelle Moody-Adams announces resignation over administrative changes that would alter the relationship between the College and the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. The next day, the administration announces her resignation will be effective immediately.
- McKinsey Arts and Sciences Report produced
- Renewed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad controversy as Iranian president invites students from CIRCA to dinner
- September 2: James Valentini, Director of Undergraduate Studies in Chemistry, is named the new interim dean of Columbia College.
- October: Terrace in the Sky restaurant forced to close due to bankruptcy after 36 years in business atop Columbia's Butler Hall
- December: Cornell and Technion formally win the 2011 Applied Sciences NYC competition, but Columbia's proposal would go on to win city funding the next year anyway
|History of Columbia University