Alpha Omicron Pi
|Alpha Omicron Pi|
|Org Founded:||1897 at Barnard|
|Chapter Established:||1897, 2013|
|Motto:||"Exceed the expectation"|
Alpha Omicron Pi (AOII) is a campus sorority recognized by the Panhellenic Council. AOII was founded at Barnard in 1897, but the chapter disappeared from campus after some time. In 2012, AOII was approved to return to campus beginning in the spring of 2013.
Service & Philanthropy
Fall 2013 AOPi events include:
- Workshop on Financial Responsibility: AOII held a workshop that gave advice on how to manage money once out of college and on your own.
- Pandamonium Carnival to Strike Out Arthritis: AOII held a carnival that raised over $1,200 to benefit the Arthritis Foundation. The carnival included games, food, raffle booths, and a pie eating contest.
- Penpal Exchange: members of AOII had a penpal exchange with an orphanage in Uganda.
- Columbia Greek Life Website
- AOII's Columbia chapter's site
- Bwog post about AOII and Gamma Phi coming to CU
- Spec article about the same
|Greek life at Columbia|
|IFC Fraternities: Alpha Delta Phi • Alpha Epsilon Pi • Beta Theta Pi • Delta Sigma Phi • Kappa Delta Rho • Phi Gamma Delta • Pi Kappa Alpha • Psi Upsilon • Sigma Chi • Sigma Nu • Sigma Phi Epsilon • Zeta Beta Tau|
|Panhel Sororities: Alpha Chi Omega • Alpha Omicron Pi • Delta Gamma • Gamma Phi Beta • Kappa Alpha Theta • Sigma Delta Tau|
|Multicultural Greek Fraternities: Phi Iota Alpha • Alpha Phi Alpha • Kappa Alpha Psi • Omega Psi Phi • Pi Delta Psi • Lambda Phi Epsilon • Sigma Lambda Beta|
|Multicultural Greek Sororities: Lambda Pi Chi • Sigma Iota Alpha • Delta Sigma Theta • Kappa Phi Lambda • Sigma Lambda Gamma|
|Inactive (de-recognized): Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sigma Alpha Epsilon|