Columbia 250, or C250, or just CU250. If you haven't guessed, this was the 250th anniversary of Columbia, or, more accurately, of the foundation of King's College. It took place in 2004. (Amusingly, Columbia had just celebrated its 200th anniversary in 1989.)
Extra funding from C250 enabled many student events to greatly expand their programming. In addition, a series of symposia and lectures brought alumni back to campus.
- A fall concert with Wyclef Jean still high on IV drugs. Erikah Badu decided not to show up though.
- Low Library and Butler Library lit up in trippy, bold colors
- A giant Low Library-shaped cake that no one got to eat
- Foam Alma Mater wreath headgear
- Homecoming in retro football uniforms
- The 110th Varsity Show (with a CU250 related theme)
- The publication of a list of "Columbians Ahead of Their Time"
- The publication of the Spectator's 250 Greatest Columbia Alumni over the course of the year
- A very well funded Bacchanal week capped off with Ben Stein hosting the Last School Standing trivia competition
- Gratuitous C250 branding of EVERYTHING, even graduation robes and CUIDs